Decibel or Noise ratings of the Robinson R-22 Beta II
feel free to contact us ms@robinsonhelicopters.org

jabr800
Posts(135)
--

Decibel or Noise ratings of the Robinson R-22 Beta II

07-27-2014 04:16:41

Anyone here know if the Robinson R-22 Beta II specifically, is considered one of the quietest helicopters in the sky?
Maybe some published decibel ratings would be helpful.

Living in a FlyIn community now for 11 years with my machine, all of a sudden, an old widow is bellyaching when my machine goes near her house at 600 feet on the published downwind leg.

Thanks in advance!

Jeff Abrams

Replies

13snoopy
Posts(339)
--
07-27-2014 07:30:49
Anyone here know if the Robinson R-22 Beta II specifically, is considered one of the quietest helicopters in the sky?
Maybe some published decibel ratings would be helpful.

Living in a FlyIn community now for 11 years with my machine, all of a sudden, an old widow is bellyaching when my machine goes near her house at 600 feet on the published downwind leg.

Thanks in advance!

Jeff Abrams

How would one measure sound level? On the ground? At 500 or 1,000 agl?
I had a neighbor complain once and I asked her which was louder, my Heli or the loud
Harley that was always cruising by?
She had no answer.
Dean
Posts(1)
--
09-29-2014 05:49:01
...could be worse, you could have a 1968 UH-1H. At 32F with a 500ft per minute rate of decent you get the max crack of the blade....with that being said, Wind direction will have a play in how loud she hears the Robinson's blade crack as well as whether or not her windows are open. Now realistically she is living at or near an airport. How much right does anyone have to complain?