R44 II Concorde Battery RG24-15 Life
feel free to contact us ms@robinsonhelicopters.org

Skysurfer
Posts(14)
--

R44 II Concorde Battery RG24-15 Life

05-06-2019 07:27:51

I am on at least 4 years so far on this battery. Been cared for (mostly put on a Battery Minder trickle charge/maintain/desulfate). And aircraft has usually been in climate controlled environment when not in the field.

This battery is starting to show signs of weakening if I don't get my usual quick start during starter engage. I have not had a chance to do a capacity check yet.

From reading some past posts, it seems this is a good life and performance. I am wondering if anyone has gone much further with their battery life on this model battery? And if they have gotten longer life; suggestions on how they have had such success?

Also; does anyone suggest another make/model of 24 volt battery for the RII? Or any distributor better than Aircraft Spruce for buying the battery.

Thanks very much to all for your input and sharing ideas.

Replies

Grant
Posts(688)
--
05-07-2019 10:58:06

I think 4 years is a pretty good run for this battery.  If a Gill went this far I would fall out of my chair!  Batteries are getting better every day.  

jabr800
Posts(134)
--
05-21-2019 09:59:33

I change the battery (Only use Concorde XC's) every 36 months on my Beta II (probably half the price of your 28v model).

I go to places where it better start without any problems, and I'm just a recreational guy.

For the less than $10/month a battery costs, it's cheap insurance for me.

If I was at 4 years like yourself, I'd be ordering my new Concorde Battery now !!!

Jeff