R66 fuel bladder

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of R66driverNO R66driverNO 5 months ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of R66driverNO R66driverNO 
    Participant

Morning everyone

I am trying to find out if anyone has had a similar problem. We have two R66s and both have had fuel bladders replaced. One of our ships is on its third bladder. Apparently the vapor barrier broke down to the point that the fuel would seep through the walls of the bladder. So we had a constant fuel leak when it sat for an extended period. The other issue is that the fuel bladder sits above the battery compartment. So during an annual inspection the battery compartment was wet with fuel from the bladder leak. So you can see how this can be a very dangerous issue. If anyone has had a similar issue please let me know. I would like to hear about your experience.

Thanks
    R66driverNO

Profile photo of atsuo miyazu atsuo miyazu 
    Participant

Our company R66 also causes fuel leak if fuel is more than 1/3.
    The inside of the cargo room smells fuel, and the fuel is always stored in the drain part at the top of the battery. Last autumn, I fastened the attachment part of the low fuel sensor in the drain part at the top of the battery to the utmost, and thought that the fuel leakage was able to be repaired, if I made it to full fuel, leaked out and stopped at 1/3. We are planning to replace fuel cells this autumn.

Profile photo of R66driverNO R66driverNO 
    Participant

Sounds like the same problem. The vapor barrier has broken down. You’ll have to replace the tank. We are on tank number three.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

©2007-2017 RHOG - Robinson Helicopter Owners Group - All Rights Reserved Worldwide

Terms of Service  |  Privacy Policy |  Return Policy

Forgot your details?