Recommended GPU for R66

This topic contains 19 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Ramon Ole 5 days ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Lov2fly Lov2fly690 
    Participant

The later s/n aircraft have the external power plug relocated from the engine compartment to the right of the pilots seat. The plug can be used to trickle charge at less than 10 amps.

Profile photo of John Smith John S 
    Participant

That change is for the better. Now one can use the startpac and disconnect it and stay in the helicopter.

Profile photo of Ramon Ole 
    Participant

Thank You guys, just for your info Robinson says they have a charger MT990-1 (120v) that can be connected to the “battery Minder”

Profile photo of Rirjjfrjit Rirjjfrjit 
    Participant

I think this startpac idea makes a lot of sense. We have the pilot side GPU connector and envision leaving the startpac on the floor behind the copilot, plugging it in for starts, then throwing the plug in the back after starts.

Which model startpac have R66 operators been using with success? Is it worth it to with a lithium model startpac?

Many thanks.

Profile photo of Ramon Ole 
    Participant

Hi, I ordered the battery minder from Robinson ( connects to the 4 small prongs there in the engine bay) which says charger and desulfator. I keep it plugged at all times and also use a Start Pack for when I am starting out of my hangar.
    By the way, I had recently an issue with n1 not raising or falling after reaching maybe 50%, and it turned out to be a faulty FCU which had to be replaced after 3 months of sending the old one back and forth to Honeywell.
    My helicopter is serial 677 with just 125hrs.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

©2007-2017 RHOG - Robinson Helicopter Owners Group - All Rights Reserved Worldwide

Terms of Service  |  Privacy Policy |  Return Policy

Forgot your details?