stc or 337 for aerial camera mounts

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of ArcticBuilt ArcticBuilt 1 month ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of  Anonymous

Has anyone attempted an STC for a photo window on the floor under the rear seats? Or a 337 for a camera mount on a r-44 raven 1?

Profile photo of Grant Grant 
    Keymaster

I have not, I think the traditional camera hole would be a stretch without an STC but some sort of mount might be do-able on a 337. Have you thought of using a HeliPod and mounting the camera in it and then just get the stc for the pods? That’s what I would do….

http://www.helipod-international.com/index.php

Duh….do you need to look through the camera or is it a remote type deal? Never seen one in use……

Profile photo of  Anonymous

I will be flying a LIDAR hyperspecterial camera. It is a laser system to do survey work. The camera needs a clear view of the ground. I thought I could keep the CG better in balance if I mounted it inside.It is monitored by an operator on a digital readout. The camera and equipment weighs 231#. The unit creates a 3d image that is merged with a digital camera footage and a inertial gps for a very accurate survey of the target area. I could fly with the doors off and suspend the camera out side, but this will be much more difficult.

Profile photo of Glenn Lindsey glindsey 
    Participant

Check out http://www.tylermount.com and see if any of their systems would work for you.  I’ve used the middle mount before with UH-1N’s but it wouldn’t suit your purpose.

Profile photo of Glenn Lindsey glindsey 
    Participant

I’ll get a little more specific.  On the Tyler website, click on the Video Gimbal Frameworks tab.  You’ll see the R-44 set up, STC #SR0272LA.  If you contact Tyler directly, maybe they can help you out since you have a specific camera/laser combination that has to used.  Don’t know if this is an option for you, but the guys are really great to work with.

Profile photo of simon simon 
    Participant

I have been asked to fly some lidar work in my R44
    I noticed in the RHOG  blog that you planned todo the same a while ago.
    How did that turn out.

If posable please return this email to

dean.russel@telus.net

Thanks
    Dean Russell
    Vancouver, BC
    Canada

Profile photo of Fred Leman lemanf 
    Participant

Where are you flying LIDAR at? I have had a geo spatial company approach me and inquire about LIDAR on our R44. What kind of mount did you end up going with?

ebaviation1@gmail.com

Fre

Profile photo of simon simon 
    Participant

In western Canada.

LiDAR is ok but the data points per square meter are very low unless you use a helicopter instead of a faster moving plane.
    The new LiDAR systems only weight about 30 lbs. it would be excellent to mount them in the back seat bases and only need to cut out a bit of fiberglass

I tried to fit the ALS70 LiDAR system in the R44, it is way to big and draws 50amps

The newest hyper spectral units are also in the 30-40 lbs range and should work well.

Profile photo of ArcticBuilt ArcticBuilt 
    Participant

We have a Utility mount for the R44 that can carry up to 100 pounds on the front of the R44. It was built for a Cineflex, but can carry LIDAR provided the form factor doesn’t exceed the limits in the RFMS/ICA. More info is available at ArcticBuilt.com

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

©2007-2017 RHOG - Robinson Helicopter Owners Group - All Rights Reserved Worldwide

Terms of Service  |  Privacy Policy |  Return Policy

Forgot your details?