True Blue Battery

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of cghall cghall 1 week, 2 days ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of cghall cghall 
    Participant

Anyone know if the new True Blue battery can be retrofit to an older R66, or are there provisions that must be factory added?

Would love to get the weight savings

Profile photo of saair saair 
    Participant

I was just at RHC and they will not put the true blue in an older ship (mine is a 2012) at this time. They would need to develop a kit for the wiring of the alerting / monitoring lights that go on the panel and are not inclined to do so. Perhaps someone else or true blue could develop what would appear to be a relatively simple kit and STC.

There is hope from RHC on some of the later R66’s just before the battery was announced as, according to Kurt, they have the wiring installed. I still think that RHC needs to develop a kit, but my understanding is that, while it’s not available yet, they are more receptive to doing so.

Profile photo of cghall cghall 
    Participant

Thanks for the info. Considering True Blue made an STC for the 44, can’t imagine it would be a serious hardship to get one for the 66, but I’m not going to hold my breath

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

©2007-2018 RHOG - Robinson Helicopter Owners Group - All Rights Reserved Worldwide

Terms of Service  |  Privacy Policy |  Return Policy

Forgot your details?