Vertical Magazine Robinson Helicopters Rotor Divergence "Undetermined Reasons"

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Ramon Ole 8 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of 13snoopy 13snoopy 
    Participant

http://assets.verticalmag.com/digital/2016/v15i5/V15I5_low.pdf?_ga=1.222334879.544394282.1477464753

Vertical Magazine has an excellent and disturbing article by their own Elan Head dedicated to Robinson Helicopter’s continuing saga of mast bumping in flight and inflight breakup that cannot be explained. It’s page 65 of the above link. I didn’t know how to get just the article to link here.
    This is a very detailed investigation into the mystery surrounding Robinson Helis continuing to break up in normal flight for unexplained reasons.
    Meanwhile, we are continued to be required to replace perfectly good blades with newer blades that fail. Even as Robby clearly cannot provide an answer to this deadly question of main rotor catastrophic failure in the normal flight envelop.

• This topic was modified 8 months, 3 weeks ago by Profile photo of 13snoopy 13snoopy.
    • This topic was modified 8 months, 3 weeks ago by Profile photo of 13snoopy 13snoopy.
    Profile photo of Ramon Ole 
    Participant

and now there is SB19 that basically limits speed to 110knots, maybe for the same reason

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

©2007-2017 RHOG - Robinson Helicopter Owners Group - All Rights Reserved Worldwide

Terms of Service  |  Privacy Policy |  Return Policy

Forgot your details?