Will an R44 fit in a Standard T-Hanger

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Jeff Abrams jabr800 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of aselgat aselgat 
    Participant

Im trying to move from fixed to rotor and own a t-hngar. Try as I might I cannot find if anyone knows if an R44 will fit.

Any help?

Profile photo of Bob D Bob D 
    Participant

I kept my R44 in a T Hanger. You will need to have the blades 90 degrees to the ship.
    Like an airplane wing

Profile photo of Jeff Abrams jabr800 
    Participant

Make sure the hanger door height will open high enough and clears the rotor mast of your R44.
    I can’t remember the actual height needed but I’ll bet 11′, barely does the job.

Profile photo of Grant Grant 
    Keymaster

We tried to put one in my hangar the other night and it was about an inch too tall. Im just saying this because the door height may be XX feet but the helicopter is taller on wheels and in motion on the wheels than the published height.

• This reply was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by Profile photo of Grant Grant.
    Profile photo of Jeff Abrams jabr800 
    Participant

I agree with what Grant is saying.
    I push a R-22 in and out of a hanger by hand, and there can be a couple of inch difference in overall height, depending on whether the machine is absolutely skids level or slightly tilted.
    Can make a big difference.
    Moral of that story to me is make sure the door height has more than enough clearance!

jabr800

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

©2007-2017 RHOG - Robinson Helicopter Owners Group - All Rights Reserved Worldwide

Terms of Service  |  Privacy Policy |  Return Policy

Forgot your details?